Monday, August 29, 2011

Introduction

Hi, I have set up this blog in the hopes that people will take up jewellery making, and in the process can help me get some inspiration!
I have been making beaded jewellery for a few years now and I am completely self taught. I have never had the opportunity to go to any classes, although that is what I really want to do. To be honest that is what I really NEED to do as I seem to be stuck in a rut and there are only so many books you can buy.

I started making jewellery because I did not have any hobbies as such. I do not know why i chose this hobby because I am far from artistic and creative. At the very beginning I did not have a clue what to buy, what materials to use, what beads to use together etc, and my first pieces of 'art' were absolutely attrocious! But for once in my life I decided that I was going to stick at it and prove to people that I was good at something.

Eventually I was making necklaces, earrings and bracelets that people would be happy to wear. They were just the very basics, but I had improved immensely. I had never really been bothered about selling my jewellery. To be honest I found it very relaxing and rewarding. I would sit in my bedroom with my music playing and just forget about all my worries. I would be happy.

I have done a few craft fairs, one was paticulary bad and I decided I would give up. I thought what was the point when everything i made was rubbish?
So I did. I gave up. Only for a month though! I had too much time on my hands, so started again. This time I was determined to make a go of it. i bought some magazines to get ideas from them about peyote stitching and the likes. I had my confidence back! This year I am going to make some beaded presents for female relatives and friends. I will let you know how I get on with them.


Anyways that is a little about my jewellery making life. What's your story?

I would appreciate it if people could give me some inspiration or ideas because I am really stuck for trying new things at the moment. (especially when it will be almost a month before I can stock up on beads again as i have been jobless.).

thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment